Wednesday 20 June 2018

Latest charity shop haul



Do I need to introduce a charity shop haul?  I don't think so... So let's jump right in:

Firstly, a couple of cat-related things from my local Cats Protection shop.  Daisy has a water bowl indoors, but I noticed recently that she likes to drink fresh rainwater outside.  Maybe it tastes better to her, more natural, I'm not sure.  So I decided to get her a water bowl that can stay permanently outside, and I picked this little one up for £1.49. 

Charity shop thrift haul haulternative

Inside the bowl is a tiny little key fob (99p).  I was cat-sitting for a friend over the weekend, and I knew I had my friend's spare key, but I didn't know which one it was because I'd taken the fob off.  So I wanted a kitty-themed one to remind me.  And I found just the thing!  Often, charity shopping can be hit and miss, but this was almost like cosmic ordering!

Thrift charity shop haul haulternative
 
Also from Cats Protection, for £1.99, I got this vase.  I was sort of looking for a creative way to display jewellery, and I thought it would work for that, but actually, I just like it as an object.

Charity thrift shop haul haulternative

Over to the MIND mental health charity shop next, and I found this lovely big scarf for £4.  It reminds me of my student days in the early 90s, when it would have got up on the wall.  Now, I'm thinking of using it as a throw for the end of the bed.  (Please excuse the state of the wall, it's been scrapped down for repainting...)

Thrift charity shop haul haulternative

Over at Cancer Research, I found this shirt for £3.25.  I didn't used to wear shirts, but now I love them as a extra cosy layer, especially now that I don't have to look vaguely smart to go to the office any more.  This shirt is quite thick and slightly fluffy, so it will get a lot of use when autumn comes along.  Although it isn't exactly hot here today...

Thirft charity shop haul haulternative

Last, a book for £1.50, also from Cancer Research.  Lately, I've found myself reading a lot more non-fiction of various kinds, on the grounds that the real world is pretty interesting. But when I find a really good author, it's great to get lost in the realm of fiction again.  I'd previously read 'Where'd You Go, Bernadette' by Maria Semple, and loved it, so when I spotted this book, also by her, I snapped it up. 

Thrift charity shop haul haulternative

And that's it for this haul.  As usual, I'm pretty pleased with everything I've got.

Have you had any good charity shop finds recently?

2 comments:

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS