Monday 29 January 2018

My cruelty-free winter skincare routine

Cruelty-free winter skincare review

Lately, I've put together a winter skincare routine that I'm really happy with, so I just wanted to share a little review of the products. 

First, the lovely Camellia and Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser by Pai is super fresh-smelling. My skin is not particularly sensitive, but having the central heating on for several months is a sure-fire way to dry it out.  This cleanser always feels incredibly smooth and comforting on parched skin. 

I don't wear make-up every day, but when I do, I currently use the Lime and Coconut Cleansing Water by White Rabbit to take it off.  Although it's described as a water, it contains oils which make sure it doesn't dry out the skin too much.  There's no need to rinse, but I sometimes use the Mount Purious Rosewater Facial Toner to finish if my skin feels a little bit oily after cleansing.

(I recently found out that you can return the empty metal containers to White Rabbit and receive a 50p discount on your next purchase from them, which is a great idea.)

For moisturiser, it's my favourite Monoi Oil and Gardenia Anti-aging Moisturiser by PHB Beauty.  This is so luxurious, with a subtle yet exotic scent that makes me think of far-away summer holidays (of the kind I can't afford, but what can you do...)

Finally, a new favourite!   The Rosewater Mask by Andalou Naturals was a Christmas present from my partner's sister.   Luckily, she's great at choosing presents, and this has been an instant hit.  I really don't like the feeling of masks that dry out on your skin, and then take an age to scrub off.  The Rosewater Mask is the first one I've tried that doesn't dry out, so it feels very calming on the skin, and washes away very easily.  I've used it a couple of times, and it has left my skin feeling extra soft. 

These products are all cruelty-free and vegan, and I find them to be very gentle and soothing now that my skin is feeling the ill effects of winter. 

Have you tried any of these products?  If so, what do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS