Tuesday 25 April 2017

Downsizing (my bin)

My normal sized wheelie bin started leaking a while ago through the lid.  It stays outside all the time, and was starting to crack.  (3.5 kilos of cat landing on it on an almost daily basis probably didn't help much...)  So I had a look at the options on the Council website.  A new standard sized bin (240 litres) was going to cost £33! 

But I was very pleased indeed when I spotted that there was another option, of downsizing to a small bin of 140 litres - for free!  As I can easily go for a month between collections, this was a great (and free!) option.  So I filled in the form, and now I have a super-dinky slender little bin. 

It's a really good incentive to produce less household waste, and I'm thinking of downsizing my recycling bin too.  The new bin is pretty much the same height as the old one, so the cat has not been inconvenienced too much when she uses it to jump down from the garden wall....

(In a bid to kick-start my blog, this is the first of 7 small posts in 7 days - after that, I want to post a bit more regularly.  Fingers crossed....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS